Bashkimi Music

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bashkimi Music

Bashkimi Music

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community Related Discussions

5 posters

NBA MVP Debate

Doda Lulgjuraj
    Doda Lulgjuraj

NBA MVP Debate Empty NBA MVP Debate

Post  Doda Lulgjuraj Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:05 pm

Ok Association fans...it's a hot debate...name your 08-09 NBA MVP. The discussion is really between 3 superstars... Kobe, LeBron and D-Wade. Make your case..but ya need to back it up..because if you don't..that's grounds for getting ripped lol.
    ilir_lajcaj
    ilir_lajcaj

NBA MVP Debate Empty Re: NBA MVP Debate

Post  ilir_lajcaj Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:38 pm

Kobe--because he is the greatest basketball player since Michael "black Jesus" Jordan, and he is at his prime!

Lebron--because he is having one of the best all around seasons in NBA history!

Wade--because if he does not win it this year, he never will.

how about a couple votes for Will Bynum
    Shtjefen

Post  Shtjefen Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:47 pm

I think LeBron has shown to be the MVP this year. D-wade is good, but his team's record isn't nearly as good as Kobe's or LeBron's. Mark my words. Whichever player's team gets the best regular season record in the NBA this year, that player will win the MVP. I think it's going to be LeBron.
    ilir_lajcaj
    ilir_lajcaj

Post  ilir_lajcaj Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:17 pm

true dat
    Doda Lulgjuraj
    Doda Lulgjuraj

Post  Doda Lulgjuraj Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:37 pm

The NBA would LOVE to have LeBron be the MVP since he is the golden child. But you can make a great case for each of these guys. Granted none of the teams would do as well without their superstar...but I think everyone can agree..even though they're barely above .500 Miami would not even be in playoff contention without D-wade. L.A. and Cleveland would still be there...

I agree with Iliri that if Dwayne Wade doesn't win it this year..he probably will never win it.

How about a co-mvp award? They split the rookie of the year award, they split the all-star MVP...why not split the regular season MVP? If you're going to go with straight stats..neither of these guys deserves it more than the other in my opinion...but if you're going to truly look at the stats..consider this: D-wade is doing more..with considerably less talent on his squad. (he's also by-far, playing the best basketball since the all-star break)

To my knowledge..there has never been a co-mvp award in the nba..dating back to 1955...

we are seeing 3 of the best players to ever play the game...
    ilir_lajcaj
    ilir_lajcaj

Post  ilir_lajcaj Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:15 pm

the coMVP idea is very interesting. i honestly would not be surprised if they did that. now the question is...whos the guy you leave out, kobe or wade, cuz you know lebron is a lock!

even though it probably wont happen, it would be interesting
    mj4444

Post  mj4444 Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:51 pm

how can u say were seeing the 3 best players ever to play the game. i would take jordan,magic and bird over these 3 anyday. all have multiple championships and played basketball when basketball was a team sport not a one man show and selfish like these 3 players are. granted kobe and lebron and d wade are sick. but there egos will never let them be the best ever. look at mj he was the best ever and played every game like it was his last. these guys dont jave the heart or the love of the game like jordan magic or bird did. but i like kobe the most of all of lebron and d-wade. it took shaq to leave L.A for kobe to grow as a player and a leader. hes become a man not like lebron who talks about himself like hes a greek god. d-wade is cool but doesnt have the talent of kobe. i like d-wade better than lebron. i hope lebron never wins the big one.hes an asshole.
    Doda Lulgjuraj
    Doda Lulgjuraj

Post  Doda Lulgjuraj Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:43 pm

Jordan, Bird, and Magic are no brainers dude...of course...but there's no denying that Kobe, LeBron and D-Wade will go down as some of the best players to ever play in the NBA...I'm not saying they're THE BEST...they're 3 OF THE BEST...the best could be a list of 25 players..and i guarantee you these 3 will be on the top 25 list by the end of their careers.

Ego or no ego..you can't deny their talent...bottom line. You will never again see this league with this elite of a group in the same era...
    ilir_lajcaj
    ilir_lajcaj

Post  ilir_lajcaj Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:49 am

kobe cares about nothing but getting as close to jordan in rings..so the comparison between the two never end!

lebron cares about commercials....and pregame hoopla!

wade is an overachiever....his size and talent do not equal his dominance
    scubasteve
    scubasteve

Post  scubasteve Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:25 pm

i had an agrument with someone yesterday before i punched him in the eye about kobe and labron ..labron is a awsome player but hes not kobe..kobe on any gieven night can score 30 if he wanted to but he passes the ball the whole first half will go into halftime with 12 points 5 assts. and then end up with 26 and 8 . labron is explosive but kobe is all around better . if labron can work on his 3 ball and make it consistent ..then we will argue about this later lol. i would love to have dwade on my team though he can score at will too and his shot is getting better
    Shtjefen

Post  Shtjefen Mon May 04, 2009 12:46 pm

Hmmm...I told you so! Who got the best regular season record? LeBron. Who's winning the MVP? LeBron. Here's the proof.

AP source: LeBron James wins NBA MVP award
    By TOM WITHERS – 27 minutes ago

CLEVELAND (AP) — Unstoppable at both ends of the floor this season, Cleveland superstar LeBron James is the NBA's Most Valuable Player.

James, who led Cleveland to a team record 66 regular-season wins and the top overall seed in the playoffs, will receive the award Monday afternoon, a person with knowledge of the choice told The Associated Press. James has chosen Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary High School, his alma mater, as the site for the award presentation, said the person who spoke on condition of anonymity because the official announcement has not been made.

James is the first Cavaliers player to win the award. The 24-year-old averaged 28.4 points, 7.6 rebounds and 7.2 assists this season, his sixth as a pro. He also finished second in voting for defensive player of the year, making him perhaps the league's most dominant two-way player since Michael Jordan.

At 24 years, 106 days, James is the youngest player to win the award since Moses Malone (24 years, 16 days) in 1978-79. Wes Unseld was 23 when he won it in 1968-69.

Focused from the start of the 2008-09 season, the 6-foot-8, 250-pound James sharpened his magnificent skills this season.

He started a career-high 81 games and set personal bests in field-goal (49) and free-throw (79) percentages. James became just the second player to post five straight seasons of at least 27 points, six rebounds and six assists. The other is Oscar Robertson, whose well-rounded game is the one James' is most often compared.

James was in a three-way battle all season with Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant and Miami's Dwyane Wade for MVP honors. The trio — teammates last summer on the U.S. Olympic team that won gold — seemed to upstage each other on a nightly basis.

It's not a surprise that the loyal James would select his high school for the ceremony. It's where he won three state basketball championships and where he burst onto the national scene, becoming a cover subject for Sports Illustrated as a 17-year-old. He announced his intention to skip college in the Fighting Irish's quaint gym and recently filmed a "60 Minutes" interview there.
    Doda Lulgjuraj
    Doda Lulgjuraj

Post  Doda Lulgjuraj Mon May 04, 2009 7:42 pm

I don't think anyone argued that LeBron would get it...I just asked that you make a case why he or any of the other 2 candidates SHOULD get it.

Besides...you'd have a hard time selling me on the theory that Kobe would've gotten it if the Lakers had the best record in the league...the Cavs only had ONE more win than the Lakers..and LeBron beat Kobe for MVP by a landslide.

I'm starting to believe that the MVP on the NBA should be the BEST player on the BEST team...and this wouldn't be the result in that case either...even with home court advantage..I don't think the Cavs can match up with the Lakers in the Finals.
    Shtjefen

Post  Shtjefen Mon May 04, 2009 10:54 pm

If you weren't my brother I would ban you from the forum for not agreeing with me.
    ilir_lajcaj
    ilir_lajcaj

Post  ilir_lajcaj Tue May 05, 2009 2:57 am

lebron....has....officially.....become.....the......best.......player........in.....the.....earth!
    hard to say that, but lying if i dont
    Doda Lulgjuraj
    Doda Lulgjuraj

Post  Doda Lulgjuraj Tue May 05, 2009 8:29 am

I still think Kobe would be more successful if he had to play on another planet
    scubasteve
    scubasteve

Post  scubasteve Thu May 07, 2009 12:19 am

i just think davis stern is on labrons jock ..if kobe didnt take it easy for the first half and try to get his teamates involved he would average 32 a game , but he would rather get his teamtes involved and win games..the east is weak ..cavs wouldnt have won half thier games if they were in the west..every team expect the jazz won 50 games that made playoffs
    ilir_lajcaj
    ilir_lajcaj

Post  ilir_lajcaj Thu May 07, 2009 12:39 am

the reason lebron deserves the award more than kobe is, if kobe does not "score"....he is nowhere near as effective as lebron in the same situation. they both looked like shyt in the last two finals! but lebrons excuse could easily be that he was 22! kobe was in his prime!

i hate lebron, unless of course he wears a stones jersey(wishful thinking) but i promise pistons fans that if you want to compete in the central, pray to the basketball gods he signs elsewhere.
    scubasteve
    scubasteve

Post  scubasteve Fri May 08, 2009 1:41 am

did you not see the bulls play , they are ahead of the pistons right now ..but your right..if the cavs dont win it..i think labron will be gone after next year ..he wants to win so he will go somehwere where they will put talent around him .. i mean hes got talent around him now but i think they might be a few cards short of a full deck , i just like kobe better thats all ..labron deserves it ..but like i said ..kobe could score 35 a game but they wouldnt win as much simple as that ..both guys have aruments for each other ..labron is a slasher dominate player..kobe is more of a shooter slasher playmaker , even though labron is lying about his age and hes really like 27 lol
    ilir_lajcaj
    ilir_lajcaj

Post  ilir_lajcaj Fri May 08, 2009 3:18 am

LEBRON=best player in the nba

KOBE=greatest player in the nba

marinate on that for a minute
    Doda Lulgjuraj
    Doda Lulgjuraj

Post  Doda Lulgjuraj Fri May 08, 2009 8:59 pm

I agree with Iliri...100%